Our GCSE Science Tutors
GCSE Science is far-reaching and varied. Students study Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and cover topics ranging from the structure of an atom to the composition of a galaxy. The content of GCSE Science is fascinating, but only comes alive when it is taught well. Our GCSE Science tutors love their subject, and their enthusiasm and energy is infectious. Whether your child is grappling with the Carbon Cycle or revising Photosynthesis, our GCSE Science tutors will devise a tailored programme of tuition, designed to inform and inspire.
All of our GCSE Science tutors are subject-specialists with years of experience. Many have taught at leading independent schools. Others have studied Science at Oxbridge and graduated with first class degrees. In every case, intelligence is coupled with patience, passion and sensitivity. Our tutors are always alert to the needs and aspirations of those they teach, and craft their lessons to bring out the best in every pupil.
Our recruitment process is demanding. Candidates must complete an application form, provide details of their qualifications and experience, attend a face-to-face interview and own a DBS Certificate. Only the best applicants succeed. When we recommend a tutor, therefore, we know that they will share our values and provide the best possible tuition for your child. We also offer regular training and development opportunities for our team, allowing our tutors to strive for ever higher standards.
How our Tutors Teach Science
GCSE Science requires a range of different skills. Teenagers need to showcase mathematical ability, practical knowledge, theoretical understanding and problem-solving techniques. Our GCSE Science tutors know that students are unique. No two children learn in exactly the same way, or struggle with identical topics. At Hampstead and Frognal Tutors, therefore, we provide thoughtful, targeted tuition. Our science tutors cover the breadth of the syllabus while paying particular attention to problem areas, whatever they may be.
Our GCSE Science tutors ensure that students enter exam halls feeling confident, positive and rigorously prepared. As well as promoting core skills and thorough understanding, they also assist their students with exam technique. Whether it involves going through past papers or devising effective revision strategies, our tutors guide pupils through the stressful exam period.
Individual, face-to-face tuition is only one of several options. Our GCSE Science tutors also offer online tuition via Skype. This can be a great alternative if you live outside of London, or outside of the UK. We currently have hundreds of students spread across the globe. We also offer GCSE revision courses. We strictly limited numbers to six per class on these courses, so attendees receive a great deal of attention and support from our fantastic teachers.
Our GCSE Science tutors have a proven track record of enhancing exam performance.
- 100% of parents agreed that our tutors helped improve GCSE and A-level academic performance.
- 95% of Biology, Chemistry and Physics GCSE students who had over two terms of tuition over-performed in their exams.
- 97% of Parents were extremely satisfied with the quality of our science tutors.
- Revision tuition course attendees improve by two whole grades on average
We are delighted with the science tutors from Hampstead & Frognal Tutors. Passionate, inspirational and know how to teach. After just a few weeks of tuition the test marks went from around 50% to over 70%. Now the tutor is focusing on exam technique.
Exam Boards we Cover
There are a number of different ways to study Science at GCSE level. Teenagers choose to take Single, Double or Triple Science, with Triple Science being the most demanding. Our tutors are experienced at preparing pupils for all types of qualification. They are also familiar with all the GCSE exam boards, including OCR, AQA and Edexcel.
The different GCSE science syllabi are set out below.
- OCR: Students can study three ‘Twenty First Century Science Suites’ in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Alternatively, they have the option to study three ‘Gateway Science Suites’ in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Each of these qualifications involves two 1 hour 45 minute written papers. OCR also offers a Combined Science Qualification.
- AQA: Students are required to sit Biology, Chemistry and Physics exams. Each subject has two written papers, each 1 hour 45 mins long. AQA also offers two Combined Science qualifications and a qualification in Electronics.
- Edexcel: Students can study Biology, Chemistry and Physics separately or study for a Combined Science qualification. If taking the subjects separately, students must sit two 1 hour 45 minute written exams for each science. For a Combined Science qualification, students are required to sit six 1 hour 10 minutes examinations.
Is tuition right for your child?
A positive experience of Science at GCSE level can have a huge impact on a teenager’s life. A budding love of Biology might lead to a career in Medicine. An early fascination with Physics might spark an interest in Engineering. A private tutor will help to enthuse your child, giving them the confidence and knowledge they need to pursue further study.
STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths) are also highly valued by universities and employers. If your child is struggling with elements of the GCSE Science course, therefore, it is important to give them the support they need. Our GCSE Science tutors see the potential in every student and are committed to seeing them excel.
Whether your child is a keen chemist or a baffled biologist, our GCSE Science tutors will help them be the best they can be.