Our GCSE Biology Tutors
GCSE Science is divided into Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Biology is a fantastic subject, which introduces students to the structure of cells, the make-up of the human heart and the basics of evolution. As with all subjects, however, Biology only comes to life when it is taught well. Our GCSE tutors pride themselves on their engaging, lucid style of tuition. Whether your child is a reluctant Science student or a budding zoologist, our outstanding private tutors will deepen their understanding, boost their confidence and allow them shine in their GCSE exams.
All of our GCSE Biology tutors have years of experience and excellent science degrees. Many of our tutors are qualified teachers who have worked at leading independent schools. Some are full time professional tutors, while others have first class degrees from Oxford or Cambridge. Whatever their professional background, all of our private GCSE tutors are dedicated to getting the best out of their students. We know that every teenager learns in a different way, struggles with different topics, and has different aspirations. Our tutors provide tailor-made programmes of tuition, designed to help pupils achieve their goals.
We interview all of our GCSE tutors in person and request to see at least two references. We also ask for proof of their qualifications and experience, and require all of our tutors to own a DBS certificate. In short, we only hire the best. When we recommend a tutor, therefore, we know that they won’t let you down. We also offer continual training and development opportunities to our GCSE tutors, encouraging them to strive for ever higher standards.
How our Tutors Teach Biology
GCSE Biology tests a range of skills. Students have to grasp difficult concepts, perform practical experiments, manipulate numbers with confidence and communicate what they know in a clear way. Our GCSE tutors focus on improving problem areas, whatever they may be. By observing your child, marking their work and listening to their concerns, our tutors will identify their strengths and weaknesses, and provide thoughtfully targeted tuition. We ensure that students enter their exams feeling confident and thoroughly prepared. They know they are in the best possible position to succeed.
Academic rigour never has to be dull. At Hampstead and Frognal Tutors, we want teenagers to enjoy this exciting stage of their school career and to develop new intellectual passions. Our Biology tutors love their subject, and their enthusiasm is contagious. Even when they are helping with past papers, assisting with time management and discussing assessment criteria, our GCSE tutors are engaging as well as informative.
Different students need different types of support. Some teenagers benefit from an extended programme of tuition, spanning from the beginning of Year 10 until the end of Year 11. Others prefer shorter, more intense courses of tuition. Whatever you need, we can help. If you are not looking for a London tutor, you can still access our world-class teaching service. Our GCSE tutors can all teach via Skype, and hundreds of families around the world currently rely on our online tuition.
We also offer GCSE revision courses designed to enhance exam performance. There is a strict limit of six per class on these courses, so attendees receive the attention and support they need from our brilliant teachers.
GCSE Biology Tuition Results
All of our GCSE Biology and Science Tutors have a scientific background with the minimum of a Bachelors in Science Degree. They tutor both engaging and informative lessons for their students.
- 98% of GCSE students who had tuition during the final year of their GCSE courses gained grades two points higher than predicted.
- 100% of parents agreed that having tutors with a strong academic background provided excellent role models for their children.
- 100% of Parents gave our Biology GCSE Tutors no less than 5 star reviews
We are eternally grateful to your company for sending us your Biology Tutor Katie. Always punctual, organised, ready with exam papers, tips and advice. My daughter Eliza is dreaming of going to medical school and the tuition, advice and support that Katie has given has put Eliza back on track. She is now studying Biology, along with Chemistry, Physics and further maths. Thank you so much.
Maria, LONDON SW3
Exam Boards we Cover
Our Biology tutors have an up-to-date knowledge of all the GCSE exam boards, including AQA, OCR and Edexcel. They have experience preparing students for single, double and triple Science at both foundation and higher levels.
Key aspects of the different GCSE Biology syllabi are set out below.
- OCR: Students have to option to study the Gateway Science Biology Suite or the Twenty First Century Science Suite. The former requires students to sit two 1 hour 45 minutes exams. The course covers Cell level systems, Organism level systems, Community level systems, Genes, inheritance and selection, Global challenges and Practical skills.
- The Twenty First Century Science Suite also requires students to sit two 1 hour 45 minutes exams. The content of the course is different, however, and includes You and your genes. Keeping healthy, Living together – food and ecosystems, Using food and controlling growth,The human body – staying alive, Life on Earth – past, present and future, Ideas about Science and Practical Skills.
- AQA: This course covers cell biology, organisation, infection and response, bioenergetics, inheritance and evolution, homeostasis, and ecology. Students sit two, equally weighted papers which are both 1 hour 45 minutes long. Some questions are multiple choice while others require written answers.
- Edexcel: Students are required to sit two, equally weighted papers, each 1 hour 45 minutes long. The course covers Cells and control, Genetics, Natural Selection and Genetic Modification, Health, medicine and disease, Plants, Animal coordination and homeostasis, and Ecosystems.
As you may know, GCSEs have recently been subject to reform. Biology GCSE now covers new, more demanding content. What’s more, students are now assessed at the end of the course, as opposed to being tested regularly throughout the two years. The GCSE grading system has also altered. A*-U, has been replaced by 9-1, where 9 is the highest mark you can achieve.
The changes have been a source of concern for many students and parents. Our tutors are well-acquainted with the new GCSE system and are happy to answer any queries you may have.
Is tuition right for your child?
Years 10 and 11 can be a stressful period for teenagers and parents alike. At Hampstead and Frognal tutors, we want to make GCSEs as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. One-to-one tuition is a powerful way of learning and can transform a teenager’s attitude to school work and exams.
Our team of specialist tutors instil knowledge, motivation and self-belief in their students, and are determined to see them excel. Whether your child finds Biology a struggle, or is keen to pursue Science at A Level, we are here to help them succeed.
If you would like to request a tutor or a free assessment please click here.