Our GCSE Mandarin Tutors
More and more schools are encouraging students to take Mandarin at GCSE. Fascinating and difficult to master, Mandarin will expand a teenager’s horizons. As with all subjects, however, good teaching is essential. Our GCSE Mandarin tutors give pupils the support they need to get to grips with this challenging and unfamiliar language. With energy, enthusiasm and patience, our tutors will help your child excel.
All of our Mandarin tutors are highly experienced subject specialists. Our team consists of full time tutors, qualified teachers who have taught at top independent schools, and first class Oxbridge graduates. Whether your child is struggling with the basics of Mandarin or is hoping to improve their fluency, our tutors will give them the understanding and confidence they need to flourish.
At Hampstead and Frognal Tutors we spend a great deal of time finding the best tutors for our students. We have a rigorous, multi-stage recruitment process, in which candidates must supply at least two references, provide proof of their qualifications and own an up-to-date DBS certificate. We also interview all applicants in person before we take them on. We know, therefore, that when we recommend a tutor they won’t let you down.
How our Tutors Teach Mandarin
Learning Mandarin consists of more than repeating phrases and memorising characters. To really master the language, students must embrace an active approach to learning. Our Mandarin tutors create relaxed learning environments, where teenagers feel able to practise their speaking skills, ask questions and make mistakes.
We know that language exams can be very daunting. Some students are anxious about their speaking assessments, while others dread the listening test. Our tutors strive to fill their pupils with confidence and self belief by thoroughly preparing them for what is to come. When our students enter their exam halls, they know they are equipped for the trickiest of papers.
All of our Mandarin tutors teach both in person and via Skype. If you live in London, therefore, you still have access to our fantastic tuition. Hundreds of families around the globe currently benefit from our online teaching services.
GCSE Mandarin Tuition Results
All of our GCSE Mandarin Tutors have studied Mandarin to at least undergraduate level and hold a teaching qualification PGCE or equivalent
- 92% of our GCSE Mandarin Students achieved level 8 and level 9.
- Over 90% of our GCSE Mandarin students agreed that learning Mandarin had improved their chances of helping gain a Top University place.
- 100% of Parents whose children were tutored GCSE Mandarin agreed that they would use our services again.
Our Tutor May was very patient, engaging and above all very structured in her approach. May is clearly a great ambassador for your organisation and her knowledge and teaching experience was very much appreciated. We would you to let May know that Sam successfully gained the top grades in his GCSE and much higher than roginally predicted following the January Mock Exams.
Marina, LONDON SW6
Exam Boards we Cover
Our Mandarin tutors prepare students for all the main GCSE exam boards. Listed below are details of how candidates are examined.
- AQA: Students take four different units. Unit (1) Listening. The exam is 40 minutes + 5 minutes reading time. This is worth 20% of the total qualification. Unit (2) Reading. The exam is 50 minutes long and is worth 20% of the total qualification. Unit (3) Speaking. This is an internally assessed controlled assessment, and is worth 30% of the total qualification. Unit (4) Writing: This is an externally assessed controlled assessment worth 30% of the total qualification.
- Edexcel: Unit (1) Listening and Understanding in Chinese. The exam is 40 minutes + 5 minutes reading time. It is worth 20% of the total GCSE. Unit (2) Speaking in Chinese. This is an internally assessed exam. It is worth 30% of the total GCSE. Unit (3) Reading and Understanding in Chinese. This is a 50 minute exam and is worth 20% of the total GCSE. Unit (4) Writing in Chinese. This exam is internally set and externally marked. It is worth 30% of the total GCSE.
- Cambridge IGCSE: Students sit four papers: a writing, a reading, a speaking and a listening paper. Paper 1: Listening. This is 35 minutes long and is worth 25% of the total GCSE. Paper 2: Reading. This is 1 hour 15 minutes long and is worth 25% of the total GCSE. Paper 3: Speaking. This exam is approximately 15 minutes long and is worth 25% of the total GCSE. Paper 4: Writing. This is 1 hour 15 minutes long and is worth 25% of the total GCSE.
Is tuition right for your child?
If you think your child would benefit from focused academic support, where the pressure and distraction of classmates is removed, private tuition could be for you. Mandarin is fiendishly difficult and highly valued by top universities and employers. One-to-one tuition could help your child to really get to grips with the language and stand out from the crowd.We know that GCSEs can be stressful.
Our world class tutors guide students through this important stage of their school careers with care and skill, and have helped a host of teenagers excel in their GCSE exams. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching, and will enable your child shine in both the exam hall and beyond.
If you would like to request a tutor or a free assessment please click here.