Our GCSE Physics Tutors
Our GCSE Physics tutors are dedicated subject specialists who are passionate about inspiring students with a love of scientific investigation. They enable students to understand the development of scientific theories and methods over time, giving them the confidence to suggest their own hypotheses based on empirical evidence. Our tutors use each session to model skills in analysing, evaluating and interpreting data for their students. They use a range of practical, engaging activities to bring the study of science to life.
Hampstead & Frognal GCSE tutors are extremely well-qualified. Many are experienced classroom practitioners with a close understanding of the demands of the syllabus, and all of the GCSE tutors are experts in their field, able to extend students’ understanding to the highest levels. They are highly motivated and passionate about education, committed to ensuring every student achieves success.
We have a rigorous recruitment process. Our GCSE tutors in London are assessed through an application form, face-to-face interview and DBS certification. We look for applicants who combine excellent subject knowledge with the capacity to explain complex topics with clarity and enthusiasm. Our GCSE tutors also continuously hone their practice through the ongoing training and professional development activities we provide; this ensures we maintain the highest standards.
Our outstanding GCSE tutors are highly professional. They work with students to develop their confidence in tackling every aspect of the syllabus, planning well-crafted lessons that are individually tailored to the needs of each child.
How our Tutors Teach Physics
Our GCSE tutors work with each student to cover the course content in detail. As well as preparing students for exams, private GCSE tutors will be able to extend students’ understanding beyond the syllabus. They work to foster a spirit of scientific enquiry in their students, giving them the confidence to draw conclusions from data through a comprehensive understanding of scientific techniques and procedures. Private GCSE tutors recognise that one size does not fit all – each session is adapted to the child’s prior knowledge and ability level.
At GCSE, exam technique is highly important. Students must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of scientific techniques, managing their time well to ensure they meet the demands of the assessment criteria. Private GCSE tutors in London can work closely with students to enable them to master the necessary skills for each question. However, GCSE science tutors also aim to extend their students’ knowledge beyond the curriculum to prepare them for further study at A Level, as well as promoting a life-long love of science.
Alongside private tuition, Hampstead & Frognal tutors also offer GCSE revision courses with maths and science GCSE tutors. The numbers are limited to 6 students per class to ensure each student feels comfortable asking questions and seeking further guidance from the tutor. Our private GCSE tutors in London also offer online tuition via Skype for students based outside London or the U.K – we currently have many international students benefitting from our science tutors for GCSE.
- 100% of parents agreed that their experience of using Hampstead & Frognal Tutors was very positive and that they would use our tutors again in the future.
- 97% of our Physics students grades increased by two points following a course of tuition.
- All of our Maths and Physics tutors have at least a graduate degree in their specialist subject.
- Tutors graduated with an Oxbridge or Russell University degree in a science subject.
Thank you so much for sending us your Physics Tutor Adrian. As you know my son struggled with some of the topics which Adrian managed to untangle for Joshua. Adrian was very adept at teaching as well as a great mentor for Josh. The Exam results were better than expected. Adrian is highly recommended.
Verma, LONDON SW3
Exam Boards we cover
Our science tutors for GCSE have experience delivering content for a range of exam boards. Alongside our GCSE maths tutors, they can ensure your child develops in-depth knowledge of the curriculum. The exam boards we cover include AQA, OCR and Edexcel; the different aspects of the syllabi are summarised below:
- AQA: In Paper 1, students cover topics such as Energy; Electricity; Particle models of matter; and Atomic Structure. In Paper 2, topics include Forces; Waves; Magnetism and electromagnetism; and Space Physics. Both papers are worth 50% of the GCSE and include multiple choice, structured, closed short answer and open response questions.
- OCR: For the Higher Tier (covering grades 9-4) Paper 3, students study Matter; Forces; Electricity; and Magnetism and magnetic fields. For the Higher Tier Paper 4 they cover Waves in matter; Radioactivity; Energy; and Global Challenges. Both paper also assess students on a practical activity skills topic, with each paper equally weighted as 50% of the GCSE. The OCR syllabus emphasises how mathematical skills are assessed throughout the exam; it therefore may be useful to work with GCSE maths tutors to develop students’ confidence in working with formulae.
- Edexcel: Paper 1 covers Key concepts of physics; Motion and forces; Conservation of energy; Waves; Light and the electromagnetic spectrum; Radioactivity; and Astronomy. Paper 2 covers Key concepts of physics; Energy – forces doing work; Forces and their effects; Electricity and circuits; Static electricity; Magnetism and the motor effect; Electromagnetic induction; Particle model; and Forces and matter. Both papers are equally weighted and include a range of question styles, from multiple choice to extended open-response questions.
Recently, the grading system for GCSE has changed from A* – U to a numerical system from 9 – 1. Grades 7, 8 and 9 are equivalent to the old A and A* grades. If you or your child need any further clarification on changes to the syllabus, our GCSE science tutors will be more than happy to help.
Is tuition right for your child?
Private GCSE tutors can give students much-needed confidence in approaching their exams. One-to-one tuition allows your child to seek further guidance in a relaxed and supportive environment. It is worth investigating the best local tuition through searching for ‘GCSE science tutors near me’ or ‘GCSE tutors London’ to discover the best tutors in your local area.